Alerts & Security Tips
A Message from Territorial Savings Bank about Customer Communication
Territorial Savings Bank will never contact you and ask for your PIN (Personal Identification Number), Password, account number, ATM card number, or Visa Check Card number. If you receive an email, text message, or phone call asking for your private information, do not respond and delete the message immediately–do not click on any links or attachments in emails or text messages.
Territorial Savings Bank does use email, text messages and phone calls to contact customers for legitimate purposes such as:
- To confirm suspicious Visa Check Card transactions
- To facilitate an application for a new Bank product or service
- To provide you with information you requested
- To service your existing accounts with us
When we speak with you over the phone, we may ask you to validate personal information you have provided to us and/or validate account activity detail before we disclose any information to you.
If we are unable to verify your identity over the phone, we will ask you to come into a branch for verification.
If you are unsure about whether or not communication you received from Territorial Savings Bank is legitimate, contact our Electronic Banking Services Department or any branch for assistance. On Oahu, call 808-946-1400 or Toll Free from the Neighbor Islands at 1-800-951-8418.
Tips to Identify Fraudulent Emails:
- Look for misspelled words, typos and other obvious errors. Be on the lookout for grammatical errors, awkward writing and poor visual design.
- Beware of offers that sound too good to be true. Be wary if the email asks you to fill out a customer service survey in exchange for money, then asks you to provide your account number so you can receive the money.
- Use extreme caution when you receive a request for personal or information. Never reply in to an email with any personal or account information such as your Social Security Number, Debit card number or PIN.
Reminder: If you do not know the sender, DO NOT open the email and DO NOT click on any links or attachments. If the email mentions your accounts at Territorial Savings Bank, you may call us to verify the legitimacy of the email: on Oahu, call 808-946-1400 or Toll Free from the Neighbor Islands call 1-800-951-8418.
Educational Resources to Help You be Safe, Secure and Responsible Online
- Safe Online Banking brochure (PDF) provides simple tips to protect your assets and identity, information on cyber-frauds, tools and resources available for victims.
- Learn about computer security, how to avoid and detect virus and spy ware, and more at OnGuardOnline.gov. This site is managed by the Federal Trade Commission in partnership with other federal agencies.
- Don’t Be an On-line Victim: How to Guard Against Internet Thieves
and Electronic Scams
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) released an on-line multimedia education tool that consumers can use to learn how to better protect their computers and themselves from identity thieves. The presentation also features actions consumers can take if their personal information has been compromised.
- Helpful tips for using mobile payment services and avoiding risky mistakes. Learn more from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Learn more about Identity Theft and resources on how to protect yourself from being a victim from the Federal Trade Commission.